This last year (2020) has been a difficult one, due to in part the needed calls for racial justice, a divisive election and the COVID-19 pandemic. You can click here to see how we worked to respond to these issues. Throughout 2020 Temescal Associates and The How Kids Learn Foundation have posted over 50 blogs, some featuring the words of guest bloggers and interviews with afterschool leaders. We also released a number of papers and new initiatives. Below are some of our favorites from 2020.
- Youth Voice and Self- Expression in Afterschool: Journaling, Poetry and Spoken Word (with Daniel Summerhill)
- Promoting Youth-Adult Partnerships in the Era of COVID
- Re-Opening Afterschool: Priorities and Practice (with Katie Brackenridge)
- Navigating Summertime Experiences in 2020 by Deborah Moroney, AIR
- LGBTQ+ and Youth Allyship by Eva Jo Meyers, Spark Decks
- Latino Health Disparities and its Implications in the COVID-19 Era by David E. Hayes-Bautista, AIR
Most Viewed Blogs