This will be the focus of our upcoming How Kids Learn V Conference, in Berkeley on December 10, 2015 and Los Angeles on January 21, 2016.
Hear from leading thinkers and researchers, and innovative afterschool practitioners. We will also feature a number of young people who will tell us how preparation experience in expanded learning programs affected their lives and how we can be more successful.
Speakers will include:
- Pedro Noguera, Distinguished Professor of Education, UCLA (LA Only)
- Jenny Nagaoka, Deputy Director, University of Chicago and lead author of the recently released Wallace Report entitled, Foundations for Young Adult Success (Berkeley Only)
- Alvaro Cortes, Executive Director, Beyond the Bell/LAUSD (LA Only)
- Alex Taghavian, Vice President, Linked Learning Alliance
- Michael Funk, Director, After School Division at the California Department of Education
- Beth Kay, Linked Learning Manager, Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Serving Elementary School Youth
- Serving Middle School Youth
- Serving High School Youth
- Partnering with Community Colleges
- Youth Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
- “Girl Power”: Serving the Needs of Girls and Young Women (Berkeley Only)
- “Cyber Patriots”: Preparing Youth for Success (LA Only)
For more information, go to www.howkidslearn.org.