By Sam Piha
We are very excited about this out-of-the-box approach that resulted in great outcomes at a pilot in Oakland Unified School District and 10 afterschool sites in Delano Union School District. Please contact Temescal Associates if you would like more information.
Below are a list of new resources on mindfulness. Click on them to view.
- A study by SRI International on the impact of mindfulness in afterschool programs.
- A DOE study on grit and determination (do a search for the keyword “mindfulness”).
- A series of short one-minute videos by Daniel Goleman that talks about mindfulness exercises without using the word “mindfulness”.
- An interview with Delano afterschool leader and California Teacher of the Year, Ken Dyar.
- A new video entitled "Healthy Habits of Mind".
- A trailer for a new documentary entitled "Room to Breathe".
Mindfulness in Afterschool is a training and curriculum offered by Temescal Associates in collaboration with Mindful Impact. For more information, contact Temescal Associates by clicking here.