By Sam Piha
|Teen CERT (Community Emergency Response Team), |
a component of Club Timberwolf at Julian Jr. High School
We welcome your comments on this paper. We are currently looking for examples that come from summer programs. If you wish to submit a component from your summer youth program, you can do so using a Survey Monkey form.
ALSO: We want to call your attention to some important new resources -
- A new report from the National Summer Learning Association entitled Best Practices in Summer Learning Programs for Middle and High School Youth.
- A webinar entitled Expanding Science Learning Opportunities During Out-of-School Time, which is being presented on June 20, 2012 from 10:30am - 12:00pm PST. Click here for more information.
- Two great blog posts on Edutopia regarding students and engagement. The posts are entitled, Kids Speak Out on Student Engagement and How Project-Based Learning Builds 21st-Century Skills.
- A new website entitled A Time to Succeed, which serves as a source of information for those interested in expanded learning efforts.
- A recent article on The Washington Post, written by Jodi Grant, Afterschool Alliance, entitled What New Research on Extended School Day Says.