By Sam Piha
Afterschool leaders have an excellent opportunity to participate in a Webinar action dialogue, on October 5, 2011, that explores:
• Scope, boundaries and definitions of recreation and experiential education;
• Evidence for the usefulness of recreation programs for prevention and asset building;
• Differences between traditional recreation and the intentional youth development approach to these activities;
• Best practices in staff and professional development;
• Leverage points for changes in policy and funding, including possible alignment with obesity prevention programs.
This Webinar is sponsored by the University of Minnesota Extension Center for Youth Development and PEAR – the Program in Education, Afterschool, and Resiliency at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
According to the organizers, “this webinar assembles leading experts — practitioners, researchers, and policy influencers—to discuss meaningful recreation and leisure experiences in the lives of young people… and builds upon the newest issue of New Directions for Youth Development, entitled ‘Recreation as a Developmental Experience’.”
You can sign up for this important webinar by clicking here.
Source: Integem By Sam Piha Dr. Eliza Du is the CEO and co-founder of Integem . Integem creates a cutting-edge AI-driven Holographic AR plat...
Source: Fab Youth Philly By Sam Piha When asked, older youth cite they are most interested in opportunities to gain work experience that is ...
Source: www.publicdomainvectors.org By Sam Piha "Many LGBTQ+ people use labels to express who they are. These labels can help listeners...