In the winter of 2015/2016, we will sponsor our fifth How Kids Learn conference. If we are to achieve economic equity, young people must have access to activities that prepare them for work and career success. This means starting with young children through high school.
Hear from leading thinkers and afterschool practitioners on research and strategies for Preparing Youth for Work and Career Success.
Speakers will include:
- Pedro Noguera, Distinguished Professor of Education, UCLA
- Jenny Nagaoka, Deputy Director, University of Chicago and lead author of the recently released Wallace Report entitled, Foundations for Young Adult Success
- Alvaro Cortes, Executive Director, Beyond the Bell/LAUSD
- Alex Taghavian, Vice President, Linked Learning Alliance
- Michael Funk, Director, After School Division at the California Department of Education
- Beth Kay, Linked Learning Manager, Foundation for California Community Colleges
In addition to the above speakers, we will host a bevy of workshops led by innovative practitioners who work with young people, K-12.
For more information, go to www.howkidslearn.org.